rights-managed image C850387 - Dreieichenhain Entrance to
the castle church
Rights managed image - The castle church in Dreieichenhain is the fourth house of worship at this point. In the year 1000 there was an Ottonian chapel which was followed 200
years later by a late Romanesque chapel. A Gothic church was built around 1300 and burned down in the winter of 1669. As was customary at the time the baker brought a wood stove into the cold church. Burning charcoal fell out and the misfortune took its course. In 1710 the church was rebuilt.